Cut-off Dates for Processing of Applications and Cut-off Age
The applications, which will be received throughout the year, will have, for processing, four cut-off dates as on 31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 31 December of a year.
The cut-off age of candidates for faculty positions under FRP shall
be 55 years as on the respective cut-off date of applications.
Selection shall be made through a two stage process delineated below:
- Screening and short-listing of candidates will be done by a Screening Committee, based on advertised criteria including Desirable Qualifications for positions at all three levels. The Screening Committee for the purpose shall have at least three specialists from each discipline.
Subsequently, assessment of the shortlisted candidates would be sought from five referees.
- The selection will be through personal appearance (video-conference for overseas candidates, necessary for all) before an apex level Committee.
The candidates shortlisted for interview shall be required to submit a hard copy of the signed Application Form along with annexures including copies of attested certificates / degrees, on receipt of a communication from the Office of the National Coordinator, UGC-Faculty Recharge Programme, prior to interview.
Constitution of Selection Committees
Following shall be the constitution of apex panels for selection of Faculty at three levels (Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor):
- Four subject experts representing major specialisation/s within broad disciplines (to be drawn from the approved Panel); at least 3 subject experts would be required to be present at the meeting.
- An academic representing SC/ST categories if there is such an applicant and if none of the above subject experts belongs to that category.
- National Coordinator, Faculty Recharge Programme:
The recommendations of the Selection Committee shall be placed before the Empowered Committee, and the Commission.
* In the absence of the National Coordinator, the Associate Coordinator, Faculty Recharge Programme, shall act as Chairman.